Are you a bride or groom searching for unique ways to make your wedding reception unforgettable?
Or maybe you're a wedding planner aiming to plan an event that's both fun and sophisticated. What better way to do so than incorporating arcade games into the mix? Arcade games are a great way to spice up your event and create a fun atmosphere for your guests. With classic games such as Pac-Man and Donkey Kong, and modern multiplayer selections like Pac Man Battle Royale Chompionship and Giant Tetris or newer arcades like Jet Pong-Electronic Beer Pong, there's something for everyone. Arcade games are not only entertaining but also memorable. They can spark conversations, friendly competitions, and nostalgic moments among your guests. Plus, they can make for some awesome photos and videos that you can cherish for a lifetime. So, if you're looking for some wedding reception ideas that include arcade games, you've come to the right place.
Why should you have fun games at wedding reception?
A wedding reception is a celebration of the union of two people who love each other. It is also an opportunity to share the joy and happiness with their family and friends. Fun games at wedding receptions can enhance the festive atmosphere, create memorable moments, and encourage interaction among the guests. Games can also reflect the personality and interests of the newlyweds and show their appreciation for their guests. Check out some fun unique wedding reception ideas for your dream day wedding!
Here's a list of unique wedding reception ideas of arcade games of all ages:
- Classic Pinball Machines: Timeless and enjoyable for all ages.
- Skee-Ball: A carnival favorite that's both fun and competitive.
- LED Air Hockey: Fast-paced and great for friendly competition.
- MEGA Jenga: A larger-than-life version of the classic game, perfect for outdoor setups. This is a cork version of Giant Jenga (doesn't make as much noise when falling to flooring or hurt as appose to the wooden version).
- Foosball: A table soccer game that's easy for everyone to play.
- Dance Machine (DDR): StepManiaX-Get guests moving and grooving with this energetic game with newer music than traditional arcade.
- Whack-a-Mole: A fun and interactive game that brings out the kid in everyone.
- Basketball Arcade: Perfect for those who love a bit of friendly basketball competition.
- Pac-Man or Ms. Pac-Man Arcade Cabinet: Nostalgic and entertaining for all ages.
- Claw Machine: Adds an element of excitement and surprise. Guests could take home a fun prize that can be themed for your big day! We have several versions!
- Air Hockey and Basketball Machines for Kids: These games are made for the 2 to 7 yr olds and will keep them occupied throughout the reception!
These games provide a mix of nostalgia, competitiveness, and interactive fun that will entertain guests of all ages.
Checklist of things to consider before renting games for a wedding reception.
Renting games for a wedding reception can be a fun and creative way to entertain your guests, but there are some things you should consider before making a decision. Here is a checklist of some important factors to keep in mind:
1. Venue Approval:
- Check with your wedding venue to ensure they allow arcade games and have the necessary space for setup and access (both delivery and pickup). Some venues have docks that close before your event ends. Check for dock clearances along with elevator dimensions too.
2. Guest Age Range:
- Consider the age range of your guests to choose games that appeal to a diverse audience.
3. Space Requirements:
- Assess the available space for game setups and ensure there's enough room for comfortable gameplay and that you have the area to deliver/setup and pickup. For instance, tight hallways with turns could be an issue if you're looking to include pool tables. Or if the venue access is only the front entrance and there's a wall or column in this area.
4. Power Supply:
- Confirm that the venue has sufficient power outlets to accommodate the games you plan to rent. Did you know that the length of an extension cord can affect the power it provides to your devices? The longer the cord, the more resistance it creates, which means it takes more electricity to overcome that resistance and provide power. This is called voltage drop. We do bring extension cords but remember the longer the cord the less power to the game.
5. Indoor vs. Outdoor Games:
- Choose games suitable for the venue type (indoor or outdoor) and weather conditions. Please note that most of our games are made for indoor use only. Temperature (hot and cold) affect scoring and sensors.
6. Theme Consistency:
- Ensure the selected games align with the overall theme and style of your wedding. Some popular themes include carnival, golf, 80s/90s Retro or just a classic arcade! These themes can create a festive and lively atmosphere for you and your guests and allow you to express your personality and interests.
7. Arcade Rental Costs aka your Budget:
- Understand the costs associated with renting each game, including delivery and setup fees. We do have event minimums that are based on delivery address and event timing. Even though your event is only 4 hours, you may require we deliver 4-6 hours earlier or even the day prior. Labor costs could be impacted.
A Few More items for the Checklist...
8. Duration of Rental:
- Determine the duration for which you'll have the games at the reception and confirm rental period details. Don’t forget that additional time is need to deliver/setup along with picking up the games. For instance, our larger football and basketball games will take 1-1.5 hours to assemble onsite with 2 of our trained staff. And if you have all the vendors accessing the dock(s) at the same time, you may incur additional fees from the venue and vendors if not enough time allocated.
9. Game Attendants:
- Check if the rental includes attendants to assist with game setup, operation, and troubleshooting. All our quotes include line-item pricing for delivery/setup and pickup fees. Most of our games do not require an attendant but you wish one present, we can provide attendants or techs (priced differently) for duration of your event, if available.
10. Insurance Coverage:
- Inquire about insurance coverage for the rented games to avoid any unexpected liabilities. We carry full insurance coverage plus auto and workers comp liability. If our insurance coverage does not meet your requirements, those additional fees will be passed on to you. We do not charge additionally for listing as additionally insured on our policy for your event.
11. Customization Options:
- Explore if there are options to customize game elements, such as branding or personalized touches. What a great way to personalize our games for your day!
12. Backup Plan:
- Have a contingency plan in case of technical issues with the games or unexpected challenges. If you're event is outdoors and there's a chance of rain, what is your backup plan? We do not deliver/setup if raining or high chance of rain.
13. Guest Flow:
- Plan the placement of games to ensure they enhance the flow of the reception rather than causing congestion. We will work with you and make suggestions for best layout for flow and for electrical requirements.
14. Noise Level:
- Consider the noise level of the games and their impact on other wedding activities. We can lower or even turnoff some sounds on our games but would need to do so prior to your event. You may not want to place a game next to the DJ or where announcements/toasts are made.
- Ensure that the games are easily accessible to all guests, including those with mobility challenges.
By addressing these points, you'll be well-prepared to incorporate arcade games seamlessly into your wedding reception, providing entertainment that enhances the overall experience.
Check out some of the awesome venues where unique wedding reception ideas grabbed the spotlight on the BIG DAY!
- Atlanta History Center
- Hilton Atlanta
- Hyatt Regency Atlanta
- Callanwolde Fine Arts Center
- Factory Atlanta
- The Westside Warehouse
- Upstairs Atlanta
- Fox Theater
- Georgian Hall (Athens)
- Novare Events
- Monday Night Garage
- Tyrone Depot
- 42 West Entertainment Group
- Rustix Manor (Woodstock, GA)
- Butterfly Pavillion (Acworth)
- Country Club of Birmingham
Plan your ideal wedding reception with Phoenix Amusements
Get ready to make your wedding reception an unforgettable celebration! As your big day gets closer, it's natural to start envisioning what your reception will be like. Let's dive into planning the perfect party to kick off your happily ever after. Here at Phoenix Amusements, we want to help make your wedding reception exciting and unique. Let us take care of the fun entertainment so you can focus on planning the best wedding reception. Your wedding day is all about sharing the joyous celebration and creating lasting memories with your loved ones.
Customer service is of utmost importance to us; we would love to talk and guide you through picking the perfect entertainment for your wedding reception. Contact Phoenix Amusements today to get you started with unique wedding reception ideas. We can’t wait to hear from you!